Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Drop a Bath Bomb on Me Baby

I bet the first thing you are thinking is "Beets?"

Although eating better quality food and starting a serious work out program this last year has made me feel better (and I lost 9 pounds without  any sort of structured "diet"), I also am making an effort to make more "me" time. Working full time, maintaining a couple of blogs plus twitter and facebook for marketing the books and working on the next book (which is almost like having two full time jobs) and family leave little time to just relax. For me, it's the occasional board game with my husband after dinner with a glass of wine and a long soak in the tub while my husband then happily curls up with nothing else to do but enjoy a book or putter in his shop.

I love my baths and have a number of bath products, my new favorite being the new "Tub Tingle" bath bombs from SACS & Co. But I was out!
So while I happily waited for my next box to arrive.  I decided to make my own. Nope. Not having a custom mold I just pressed them in a muffin pan sprayed with non stick spray (or you can use a drop of olive oil) and they were SUPER easy to make and work just as good as the manufactured ones.

DIY Bath "Bomb"

1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup Epsom salts (I gave them a few pulses in the food process to make them finer)
1/2 cup Citric Acid (I found on Amazon)
1/2 cup corn starch
2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 and and 1/2 teaspoons water
Essential oil (I used lavender) 10 drops for lightly scented 1/4 tsp for heavier scented.
1 teaspoons beet juice (for color).

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, wet in another.  Combine (it will fizz up, that's the expected chemical reaction.)  Stir until combined and spoon into muffin tins, pressing down with a spoon or with gloved hands
It's ALIVE!

Leaves some room as they do expand as they dry.  Let sit at room temperature to dry out 3 hours to overnight.  Store in baggies away from kids and pets (these would be toxic to eat) and enjoy in your bath. When they are done, they will have risen up to the top of the muffin pan and smoothed out, and will be dry and firm to the touch.  They were a little more "crumbly" than the purchased ones, so I just stored them in baggies and dropped the contents into the tub.
Makes one dozen bombs.

Now go have that glass of wine.



and get your bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.